Have you heard of the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp? I have started reading this book and have fallen in love! Ann is giving us "A dare to live fully right where you are". I have decided I want to share some of my gifts with you on Mondays. What a great way to start the week! I may miss a few, and I may not share them all…but I want to slow down and notice these things as they happen, so this is my way to do that. Ready? Here we go…
My Gifts from last week:
1. Listening to the little girl sing along to her bible songs while driving together in my truck.
2. Listening to this little boy actually read to me on his own.
3. Watching my kids learn and seeing them smile while they do it!
4. Just plain seeing my kids smile!
5. Listening to my kids laugh and giggle while they play with my husband!
6. Having the sun shine on my face in the morning while I drink my coffee.
7. Finding a replacement carafe for my coffee maker when my original breaks.
8. Finally folding all the socks in the sock basket AND putting them away!
9. Watching the kids play in the snow.
10. Sunday mornings with daddy.
So there is my first week…yes, I had more than 10 gifts that I am thankful for…but that would make for a long post! What are some of the things that make you thankful, some of those gifts that you have to slow down to see? I would love to hear them!
I am linking up to: