Spring is in the air. We have had some gorgeous days that have melted the snow here in Minnesota. With that comes the thoughts of all the spring animals and insects. What does this mean? Well if you are a homeschooling family, this means it is time to learn about the change in weather and those animals and insects. When my kids are younger, I love that I can plan out their lessons around the weather. When doing this, I love finding the freebie units that cover everything all at once! I am super excited to show Little Miss all about frogs this upcoming week! We will be using this awesome unit, will you join us?
Isn't it fun to learn about slimy squishy animals? Do your preschoolers or kindergarteners know about the life cycle of one of the squishiest amphibians – the FROG? It's a quick and easy lesson to teach. There's a free, froggy resource on Educents – just print the pages and start your lesson.
Ways to use this freebie with a Pre-K or Kinder:
This free resource was created by The Multi Taskin' Mom and is available to download for free on Educents.com. Educents is the best place to discover new and innovative ways to keep kids excited about learning!
- Practice handwriting & copywork
- Reading aloud
- Sounding out the words
- Have fun coloring
- Just print & go
More frog-themed learning resources:
Do your kiddos LOVE frogs? Check out this animation about the Frog Life Cycle, and find more frog-themed games and lessons for all ages below.
- All About Frogs Packet – This frog bundle includes an informational slideshow, frog-themed anchor charts, rhyming word printables, number cards, writing organizer, and more (all frog-themed!!)
- Froggy Self-Control Boardgame – Use your frog markers to move across the board and practice relaxation, self-control, and body behavior in the classroom. Students will distinguish good choices from bad choices as they leap around the board!
- 3-D Frog Anatomy Notebook Model for Dissection – Use this 3-d paper frog model for a dissection-free frog exploration, a pre-dissection study tool, or even as a summative assessment during comparative anatomy studies!
- Frog Learning Pack for Middle Schoolers – A frog-eriffic packet of printable notebooking pages, activities, games and more!